We have come to the last quarter of the year. While this time of year is typically busier than the rest, we are excited about what has been accomplished so far. Please take a look, below, as I highlight our activities and impact over the past few months:
- Commemoration of World Malaria Day – 25th April, 2021 –
- Awareness on Cervical Breast Cancer for teachers & students – 30th April, 2021
- International Day of Living Together in Peace – 16th May, 2021
- Awareness on Gender Equality among young school students – 21st May, 2021
- Community Sensitization on Electoral processes – 21st May, 2021
- Sensitization on Breast Cancer & distribution of NFIs – 26th May, 2021
- Nigerian Children’s Day Celebration – 27th May, 2021
- World Menstrual Hygiene Day – 28th May, 2021
- World Environment Day – 5th June, 2021
- Father’s Day Celebration – 20th June, 2021
- World Day against Human Trafficking – 30th July, 2021
- COVID-19 Sensitization in IDP Camps – 4th August, 2021
- World Humanitarian Day – 19th August, 2021
We’re not even halfway through the last quarter of the year yet, and we have already achieved a great percentage of the goals we had for this year. By the way, we’ve done all this while being unfunded. As you can see, we are making a major impact, and we are thankful to relevant stakeholders, community leaders and volunteers who have trusted us to work with vulnerable populations and constituents this year.
In this month of September, CLHEI will continue to deliver on her core mandate of humanitarian response as we strive to touch lives and make a difference especially among the rural communities and displaced populations.
One final thing, if I may. Holidays are meant to be filled with cheer, but for IDPs, they can be a sad and disappointing time. In the same spirit of sharing during the Christmas Celebrations, CLHEI intends to provide vulnerable populations with food, clothes, shoes and general livelihood support items under its CHRISTMAS KITCHEN Program. This Year’s Christmas Kitchen provides a wonderful time for IDP’s to be celebrated and catered for.
You can join us make a difference, too, by supporting us through your donations –
DONATION ACCOUNT (CLHEI HUMANITARIAN PROJECT):
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 1217552430
BANK: ZENITH BANK
CLHEI will continue to support those in communities and in need of humanitarian assistance.
DR. HELEN TEGHTEGH
Executive Director, CLHEI